Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Thu Apr 25, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Relocating from San Francisco...
Cool areas to live in Phoenix

- Post Reply -
Page [1] 2 >>

lstyle
msg: 1

Mon, Nov 8, 2004, 9:03pm

Hi - I'm wondering if there are any areas of Phoenix that creative types are drawn to? I have lived in NYC and San Francisco and am looking to relocate to be closer to family. I'm looking for an area that would have coffee shops, bookstores, older buildings, etc. Also, does anyone know what the advertising photography business is like in Phoenix? I'm a photo stylist and am wondering if there is a market there. Thanks!
NickCoons
msg: 2

Tue, Nov 9, 2004, 12:34am

There's a bit of this scattered around Phoenix, but not really a concentration of it. You may be interested in looking into the Sedona/Jerome area.. there are very creative types there, and those two towns are about two hours north of Phoenix. The weather on average is about 10 degrees cooler, but the property is a bit more expensive.

Personally, I'd prefer to live either there or in Prescott if my work didn't otherwise require my presence in the Phoenix area. Someday :-).
lstyle
msg: 3

Tue, Nov 9, 2004, 9:20am

Thanks for the info. My parents live in the Sedona area so I'm familiar with it and really like it there. Unfortunately, I don't think I could make a living there and need to be in a major metropolitan area. I have been thinking of one of the historic districts of Phoenix such as Coronado or Encanto/Palmcroft. I'm wondering what these areas are like. I like the idea of living in a real neighborhood with amenities close by.
NickCoons
msg: 4

Tue, Nov 9, 2004, 10:02pm

The historic areas are really nice.. I own some rental property in the Coronado district, and some of the houses there are really cool.

I own a triplex there.. it's a three-story building built in the 40s, which has a loft and some really neat architecture.
lstyle
msg: 5

Wed, Nov 10, 2004, 6:01pm

That's just what I'm looking for! I will look into the historic districts further.

Page [1] 2 >>

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map