Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Thu Apr 18, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Swimming Pool Costs?

- Post Reply -
Page << 1 [2] 3 >>

NickCoons
msg: 6

Sat, Feb 12, 2005, 12:57am

Ahh.. I see. If you want a house with a crawlspace here, you'll probably have to find something built in the 1920s.

But if you can find a house without vaulted ceilings, then the attic is a good place to store junk.
brian thinnes
msg: 7

Sun, Feb 20, 2005, 6:16am

I have the same questions about pool costs...

Insurance costs?

Annual or monthly chemical/upkeep costs?

Utility costs?

Realizing it depends on the size of the pool.
Becca
msg: 8

Mon, Mar 7, 2005, 6:15am

I don't live in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

, but I had a pool in my last house, so I can offer my two cents worth. Our pool was above ground, so I'm not sure about inground pools. If you are the type of person who can commit time to maintaining the pool it is DEFINATELY worth it. Pool supplies run about $150 for your startup chemicals and $75 for your close up (provided this is done in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

???) chemicals per year, and about 10-15 dollars a month for maintenance. Wal Mart is the place to buy pool supplies. The chemicals are top quality, and much less expensive than a pool supply store. If you use the 6 month algeacide rather than the monthly algeacide, you save on costs there also. The only drawback to a pool is that it must be maintained daily, including checking PH, Clorination, etc. It takes about 10 minutes a day to do this. It also must be "shocked" with Chlorine once a week religiously or you could mess up the chemical balance. In a nut shell, I'd say go for the pool. As long as you have some time to maintain it, it is absolutely worth it.

One thing I didn't mention is that if something goes wrong with the pool, housecalls for repairs are expensive, but hopefully with preventative maintenance that won't be an issue.
dnwater
msg: 9

Sun, Dec 30, 2007, 5:06am

AZSNOWSTORM & brian thinnes:

I am about to built a pool and spa for my house. I called my home insurance to check what the cost of insurance or if my rate will increase after I built the pool...The insurance said no increase in the house insurance as long as the pool is not attach to the house...you may want to check with your insurance too? but they (or the city) will require that you have safety locks and gates though...
rin123
msg: 10

Tue, Mar 11, 2008, 3:50am

Swimming pools are one of the most desired and often visited areas of any home. They add glamour and shine to the looks and outer beauty of homes and make you feel really happy. This recreational water body can be designed and carefully planned to fulfill your dreams and provide you complete relaxation and fun.

If you are considering of installing a quality swimming pool in your home, you need to gather some important information about swimming pool design and formats. It simply means that what shape do you prefer, steps will be there or not, about the pool cover and other accessories.

There are many companies dealing in providing quality swimming pools to ensure they meet your choices and standards perfectly for years of safe and memorable swimming.
[snip]

[edited by: NickCoons, reason: No commercial endorsements or URLs. ]

Page << 1 [2] 3 >>

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map