Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Thu Apr 25, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
need clean air
moving to arizona

- Post Reply -

anneheathers
msg: 1

Fri, Apr 29, 2005, 11:08am

I am an 84 year old poet looking for a great place to live in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

- I have allergic lung disease and need clean air. Affordable, preferably near a lake, river or smaller body of water, within an hour and a half from Prescott and /or Chandler where I have relatives. Any ideas or suggestions?
NickCoons
msg: 2

Fri, Apr 29, 2005, 4:00pm

If you're looking for clean are, all you really need to do is stay away from the metro areas (this includes Chandler). Phoenix is normally pretty bad (relatively) simply because it's in a valley and holds everything in moreso than other places would.

But you could live in Prescott without any problems. There are over 100 lakes in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

, so finding one isn't that difficult. Lynx Lake is in Prescott, it's very nice, and there are a lot of residential areas in there.

If you don't actually want to be in Prescott, just near it, there are a lot of smaller towns around it. Prescott Valley, Jerome, Mayer, Wilhoit, and Congress, just to name a few. I don't think real estate pricing is that bad at all except in certain areas.
lstyle
msg: 3

Fri, May 6, 2005, 9:25am

I also recommend Jerome. It's a small artists community set in Mingus mountain. My parents live in Cottonwood, just below Jerome and love it there. They have views of Sedona from their patio.
tk
msg: 4

Fri, May 6, 2005, 10:16pm

I agree with Jerome. You'll be in mountain air where it might snow once in a blue moon, and a hot day really isn't that hot (being from Phx where 115 degrees is hot). Sedona is also a nice alternative though it can get to 100 in the summer & it is very expensive.

You could also consider going East to Payson area though it gets colder there.

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map