Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Tue Apr 23, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Moving south of Marana
What's there?

- Post Reply -

Ordnanceman
msg: 1

Tue, Sep 13, 2005, 7:52pm

We're moving into what I think is an unicorporated section south of Orange Grove at the end of Rudasill. Lookin' at the satellite map it's pretty much in the boonies... which I like. Anyone know what this area is called? My wife was there... 'n she seems to think the realtor called it 'Picture Rocks'. A friend of mine seems to recall a 7-11 type store, gas station and a small juke joint around Picture Rocks and Sandero(sp?). Rumor has it that a Safeway store will be built somewhere close by but I have no definate info. Anyone familiar with this area can e-mail me direct at <snip>.
It's Pima Couty but not within the Tuscon or Marana city limits that I can determine. I drive a street rod 'n also wondering about road conditions outside of Marana? This hot rod is kind'a low... not a slammed belly scraper, but it's low. I also would like info on vehicle emissions inspections... if required in that area. It'll pass the OBD test w/no problem, but I really would not rather have to be restricted by that stuff. I intend to open carry a firearm (which I have done there previously) but I'm not up on current regs concerning public places such as bars/restaurants etc. I'm retired Navy... and recently 'retired' period. Anyone know if AZ taxes military retirement pensions?

[edited by: NickCoons, reason: No email addresses, per forum rules. ]
Ordnanceman
msg: 2

Thu, Sep 22, 2005, 7:52pm

No responses? I s'pose I'll have to wing it then.
Ordnanceman
msg: 3

Tue, Nov 8, 2005, 1:58pm

Wow! Here it is November 'n still no replies? We're pullin' the plug here inna few days to begin the trek. Anybody have info on the Wagon Wheel Post at Picture Rocks 'n Sandero? 'Must all be city folks on this forum. ('fraid of spiders 'n crawly things.... ewwww!~)
NickCoons
msg: 4

Wed, Nov 9, 2005, 1:19am

Yeah, there are a lot of them here :-).

I travel around Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

quite a bit, but I tend to prefer the northern part of the state, so I'm not really too familiar with the area you're talking about otherwise I'd be happy to help.

Each county has its own regulations on emissions, so you may want to check specifically with Pima county to see what they say.. I'm sure they have a website with those details. The firearms restrictions for bars/restaurants will probably be statewide, so I'd search for Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

gun laws in bars or restaurants on Google and see what turns up. Of course, any particular proprietor can further restrict what you can or cannot bring into their establishment as well.
AZlady
msg: 5

Sat, Nov 19, 2005, 12:06am

HI,
I guess your probably already here but I have a little info for you. On firearms you will need aa permit to carry. Most stores, restaurants, and definatley bars will require you to remove your firearm for obvious reasons. Most people wont be too happy to see you coming with a sidearm strapped on. I hope you don't see a need to use it on some of our freeway drivers! As for the area your going, you got your wish in desolation, but also a beautiful desert area. I hope thats what your looking for, the desert is a beautiful enviroment. Both fragile and fearsome with stunning sunsets and glorious sunrises. Enjoy!

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map