Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Thu Apr 18, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
from Michigan - Bound for Arizona
But what part?

- Post Reply -

Lisa
msg: 1

Tue, Nov 1, 2005, 3:06pm

I am from Michigan and planning to relocate to Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

in June 2006. Need some help on deciding what part of AZ to relocate to. I have family in the Phoenix area, but all I keep hearing about Phoenix is about how over populated it is. Considering Tucson, but don't know much about the area. I hear lots of great things about Gilbert/Chandler area. Only thing is, it sound very BIG city to me. Sounds like it is growing. Not sure that I want growing. I think I want modern with a community feel and a good place to raise my son (11 years). Don't get me wrong, I don't mean rural. I mean modern, but not BIG and overpopulated. Can anyone tell me any information on describing the different cities and towns in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

that you might be familiar with? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
ashlynnnn
msg: 2

Mon, Nov 7, 2005, 6:54am

Moving from Wisconsin in a few months. Gilbert area is very nice! That is where we are going to relocate also!
Ordnanceman
msg: 3

Tue, Nov 8, 2005, 2:01pm

Wew're movin' to Picture Rocks south of Marana NW of Tucson in about 5 days. 55 sq. miles 'n 4700 people. Lots of kids apparently... near half the population. It's desert! I think I'll have to drive 16 miles before I see my first stop light.
AZlady
msg: 4

Sun, Nov 20, 2005, 4:41am

Hi,
Phoenix, Tucson and Flagstaff are the three most modern of course but many more are available of course. Your biggest concern will be commuting if you are going to be working somewhere. Gilbert is beautiful and new (it was a farming community) and upper income. Most families have two incomes and it is very family oriented, but if you work very far away it will be a tough commute everyday. Chandler is nice. Glendale is nice and is starting to emerge as quite a player in the real estate scheme. Pro football and hockey team have moved their stadiums there. Prescott is about 90 min. north of Phoenix and a little higher elevation, growing fast but still no where on the scale of Phx. Lots of Californians sold their homes for big bucks and moved to Prescott and bought lovely homes and had cash to spare. It drove the prices way up. Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

is getting pretty pricey after this last year unfortunately with lots of investors coming in and making it hard for Arizonans to buy. We don't have wonderful wages here and most jobs are in the retail sector unless you have a medical or tech job. There are tons of small communities all over the state, if you can, see lots of them before you sign on the dotted line. Best of all, enjoy the state!

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map