Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Wed Apr 24, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Sedona is so beautiful!
but snow???

- Post Reply -

Lisa
msg: 1

Tue, Nov 1, 2005, 4:07pm

I've been checking out the websites of Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

and it's different areas. checked out the photo gallery of the sedona website (as suggested on this site), and that has got to be the closest thing to heaven on this earth.
Ah, but then looked into Sedona a little more. Sedona has 4 seasons (including one with snow). I'm from Michigan and I realize that Sedona winter is a lot milder than ours, but I am moving to get away from the snow and cold weather. Sedona seems a nice place for me to go to visit but I couldn't live there. Still on the hunt for places to live in AZ that are not over run. Still leaning toward Gilbert. Are there any drawbacks to living in Gilbert that anyone is aware of, or can make me aware of?
NickCoons
msg: 2

Tue, Nov 1, 2005, 6:40pm

Lisa,

<Sedona has 4 seasons (including one with snow). I'm from Michigan and I realize that Sedona winter is a lot milder than ours, but I am moving to get away from the snow and cold weather.>

There are four seasons, but as you mentioned the winter would not be anything like Michigan's. The snow in Sedona is basically enough to dust the mountains and make it look great, but I don't think you'll ever be in a position to have to shovel snow are drive with special tires (I never have had to in Sedona).

<Sedona seems a nice place for me to go to visit but I couldn't live there.>

I agree with you completely. Several years back I was interested in living in Sedona, but decided that it's much better as a vacation spot; for a couple of reasons. First off, Sedona sees about four million visitors per year, so it's much too touristy for me to want to live there. Second, if I lived in Sedona, where would I vacation to? :-)

<Still leaning toward Gilbert. Are there any drawbacks to living in Gilbert that anyone is aware of, or can make me aware of?>

Gilbert is great, and a nice real-estate investment at this time. It's definitely growing, but will never be Phoenix-sized. My personal preference is for the east valley (where Gilbert is located), and it's a great family area. Not sure of any downsides, other than that it's going to continue to get more and more expensive quickly.

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map