Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Tue Apr 23, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
talk me into it

- Post Reply -

kauaiwahine
msg: 1

Tue, Jun 3, 2008, 10:16am

Ok folks. We live in Kauai (recently moved) it seemed like paradise but once you live here you find out it's not. We are majorly discriminated against because of being "haole"...white, and there is so much animal abuse here I can't stand it. Things we couldn't find out on our trips here as tourists. We don't want our kids being raised with this mentality so we are looking for a place to move to. NO WINTERS are so important!! We have lived in Colorado and New Hampshire and neither one of those we want to return to at this time. So....... talk me into moving to AZ!!!! I know it's hot but we'd buy a house with a pool. I'll be checking back to see what you've all said. Also while you're talking me into it, mention some good places to live too!

With much aloha,
Kauai Wahine
NickCoons
msg: 2

Sun, Jun 8, 2008, 9:32am

If you're looking to avoid the cold, then Phoenix and other areas of southern Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

are the place to be. We don't get snow here (I think we had 0.01" fall back in 1987 one time). Of course, if you decide you want to visit snow, then northern Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

up in the mountains is a mere two-hour drive.

If you're looking at the Phoenix Metro area, then the east valley is a great place to raise kids. It's hard to do a whole lot of convincing, because I don't really know what you like and what reasons you'd look for in a move (other than no winters). There are lots of lakes available with fishing, boating, and marina activities. The hot isn't so bad as long as your occupation doesn't make you work outdoors, because everything is air-conditioned.

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map