Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Sat Apr 20, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Living in Southern AZ
Rio Rico area

- Post Reply -
Page [1] 2 >>

kenpatt
msg: 1

Fri, Jan 27, 2006, 3:38pm

Hello all,
This is my first thread. I have read the many listings on this site but have not noticed any mention of Southern AZ...Rio Rico, Tubac, Nogales etc. My husband and I are very interested in moving to AZ. Have relatives in Lake Havasu City. We are wondering what the southern areas are like. The pictures we have seen on line look wonderful. We now reside in Southern Oregon, which is considered by some to be the ideal retirement area. But I need more warmth!
Thank you for any information you can give us. Pattie
MaryBeth
msg: 2

Sat, Jan 28, 2006, 9:19am

Hi Pattie!
I'm from NJ and we bought land in Rio Rico last summer. We have been going to the Tucson area for years and decided to retire there - I love it there and I can't wait til my husband retires.
kenpatt
msg: 3

Sat, Jan 28, 2006, 5:21pm

Thank you for answering so quickly MaryBeth. What is it like in Rio Rico? Have you ever been to Sahuarita? Ken and I will be in AZ the first week of May to check out the different areas. Is there someone you would recommend to show us around for acreage? Thank you for your time.
Pattie
MaryBeth
msg: 4

Mon, Jan 30, 2006, 8:23am

My husband's cousin moved to Sahaurita(sp) from NJ a couple of years ago. We visited her last year and fell in love with her house. Aside from visiting Tubac and going into Mexico thru Nogales, the only time I've been in Rio Rico was driving thru it on rte 19. But last July, we were looking for land mostly in the Tucson area and just didn't like what we were seeing. We were going to give up until we went to Long Realty in Green Valley and the woman who helped us (I can't think of her name at the moment) told us that it's a different world down there and explained that after Tucson is an indian reservation so the new developments stops there and because of that, it's not as busy in Green Valley as it is up north. She then recommended that we look in Rio Rico and the Tubac Foothills and we found a lot on top of a hill with a 360 degree view. Good luck!
kenpatt
msg: 5

Sun, Feb 5, 2006, 1:22pm

Thank you for the infof MaryBeth. We have seen Tubac on line, but homes seem to be very high there in comparison to outlying areas. It does look beautiful though and we are also looking for acreage with views of the incredible scapes and sunsets. I have read that it takes 6 mos to 1 year to build in AZ. We built our home here in 90 days! So we are expecting to have to rent for a few months while building. I do think that any areas in Pima and Santa Cruz Counties would be ideal to begin a new life. Is NJ as cold now as Oregon is? I can hardly wait for some sunshine and warmth! If you think of anything else, please keep in touch. Who knows...we may be neighbors in a few years! Pattie

Page [1] 2 >>

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map