Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Tue Apr 16, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Greasewood Flat Movie, On Dvd!

- Post Reply -

greasewoodflatmovie
msg: 1

Fri, May 12, 2006, 10:59pm

Hello,

We're trying to get the word out on our independent film 'Greasewood Flat', shot almost entirely in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

. many people in AZ and outside know of the great resutrant/bar 'Greasewood Flat' in North Scottsdale. It serves as the backdrop of much of our film, a drama about a struggling blues musician returning to his country and family roots.

We've picked up several festival awards and attention, but have faced up against a Hollywood not interested in marketing a 'family film'. We are very proud of it, and have decided to go against the grain and distribute the film ourselves. Much heart and soul went into the special edition DVD, full of features and extras. We have a great score filled with blues, country and rock music including The Bacon Brothers.

We're doing our best to illustrate the fact that a film about the importance of family has a place with moviegoers, and we would appreciate your support.

Take a look at our website, you can watch the trailers and read all related information, cast crew, reviews, and purchase the DVD if you like what you see!

The film is a slice of Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

, and a labor of love. Please have a look!

<snip>

Thank You!

[edited by: NickCoons, reason: No promotional URLs. ]
wordguy
msg: 2

Sun, May 14, 2006, 1:00am

FILMS FILMED IN SUPERIOR, ARIZONA

On a recent visit there and munching at a nice restaurant there, one of the locals said that many many films were filmed right in Superior and I'd love to find a source that would give me that information.

U-Turn has been one of my favorite movies from that town that featured Kris Krisofferson and Sean Penn. A cult film indeed.

Thanks for your help if you can.
liquid4012
msg: 3

Wed, May 17, 2006, 6:00pm

I believe that was Nick Nolte, not Kris Kristopherson in U-Turn. I always thought that was filmed in Texas for some reason...
wordguy
msg: 4

Fri, May 26, 2006, 11:20pm

Thanks Liquid -- You are right about Nick Nolte. Yup, that U-Turn was filmed in Superior. I bet they didn't have to move too much stuff around to make it look "just right" for the movie. I am still trying to find a source that will list all the movies that have been filmed in Superior but haven't found it yit.
Charles Whealton
msg: 5

Tue, Jul 4, 2006, 10:39am

I have to admit, I like Greasewood Flat. Great burgers and a neat place to munch 'em outside.

I didn't get to go back when I was in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

in May, but hopefully I'll get back out in the next several months and go for another burger out there!

Good luck with your movie. It looks like the URL was edited out because of it's commercial content, but maybe we'll see something about it elsewhere.

Take care...
Charles Whealton
<snip>

[edited by: NickCoons, reason: No email addresses, please. ]

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map