Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Thu Apr 25, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
White Mountains Lifestyle?
Info please??

- Post Reply -

Emmy
msg: 1

Thu, Jul 13, 2006, 2:47pm

I am considering accepting a position at the college there in the White Mountains. I love the beauty of the area. However, someone told me the lifestyle is very rural. I don't mind rural, so long as I can get what I need when I need it. Also, I was told there are almost no places to rent long term (apartments, houses, etc.) since almost all rentals are vacation rentals. Can someone give me info on the local area, the lifestyle, and whether or not long-term rentals are available for a modest income? Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated, as I've only been through the area once, and I am trying to make a decision for my future!

Thanks so much!
Emmy
NickCoons
msg: 2

Thu, Jul 13, 2006, 10:48pm

Where specifically in the White Mountains are you looking? If you want to be able to have things close, Show Low is probably your best bet. At a population of about 10,000, it's a small town but I don't know if it'd be considered rural.

You're right about rentals. It's probably going to be difficult to find something long-term. However, if you're looking at long-term, is there any reason you wouldn't want to purchase?

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map