Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Sat Apr 20, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Moving to Tucson and need info!

- Post Reply -

jlw04
msg: 1

Fri, Apr 20, 2007, 11:19am

Hi all! My husband and I are moving to Tucson from Washington, DC in June. I've been searching and searching on the internet for apartment complexes that are close to the University of Arizona...but are far enough away from a lot of rowdy college students and late-night partying. We are looking for a place that is in a good neighborhood and safe. I've heard that Tucson is "patchy," meaning that there are some sketchy areas mixed into the nicer areas. When I look at "ratings" of apartment complexes, I hear a lot about crime and drugs, loud neighbors, car thefts, etc - and I'm scared to get locked into a lease at a not-so-nice place to live. Do any of you have any suggestions as to complexes or areas that we should be looking at? All I've heard is to stay away from South Tucson - but that's about it. Thanks in advance for any advice you native Tucsonites can give us! We're very excited to be moving to the desert! :-)
gojuldeb
msg: 2

Fri, May 4, 2007, 7:30pm

try mission palms on orangegrove rd youll love it. bout 20-30 min from u of a and very well kept,pool, activities, cary grants name is still eched in a concrete bench there when it was a out of the way hotel for some of hollywoods best!

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map