Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Fri Apr 26, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Christmas Vacay Recommendations Needed

- Post Reply -

swides
msg: 1

Mon, May 14, 2007, 8:37am

Hi!
I live in Tucson and my parents are thinking about renting a cabin at Christmas in Arizona.
They are a bit of a challange to please but here is what they will want:
Hiking, a cute town with some historical stuff, and good scenery.
They are not into skiing or citying so Pinetop or Phoenix are not going to be options.

Does anyone know anything about Bisbee or Sendoa or have any other recs to fit the bill?

Thanks!!
NickCoons
msg: 2

Mon, May 14, 2007, 11:02am

I would highly recommend Sedona for this sort of thing. It'll be a bit chilly around there, so you'll need to dress warmly. The average daytime temperature in December is 57F, which is perfect for hiking. There are tons of hiking trails in Sedona that are fairly easy and not overly strenuous.

There are plenty of other things to do there as well, including guided sight-seeing. And they have a Christmas light festival in December at Tlaquepaque. Just 30 minutes away is the old mining town of Jerome, which has plenty of history.

For some good tips on Sedona, check out the Sedona section on this site. From the menu on the left:

Arizona Info > Tourism > Cities > Sedona

I don't have much personal experience with Bisbee, so I can't really help you there. Someone else may be able to though.
gojuldeb
msg: 3

Thu, Dec 6, 2007, 9:21pm

Try Rio Rico , the hiking is great, temp in the 70's plenty of cabins everywhere, bed n bkfst, etc. spainish misson nearby, spainish fort in tubac (lazy Lizard rock bed n bkfst)

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map