Refer a friend to the Arizona Paths Newsletter:
"You know you live in Arizona when...
...you can make sun tea instantly."
I'm not really into the coffee house environment. My general view is that it's basically over-priced hot chocolate with a bit of steamed milk thrown in. Personally, I like hot tea. But even so, there are a few places that I like to go that have reasonable service and the atmosphere isn't too corporate (read "down with Starbucks!").
by Nick Coons
This coming Friday, April 1, was the launch of the 30-day run of the Minutemen, the group of volunteers heading south to the Mexican border to patrol for illegal immigrants. The farther south you go, the more people you will find that are affected by illegal immigrants. Especially in Cochise county, which shares its border with Mexico.
Arizona Dry Humor / Jokes
Joke Of The Week
Most of these laws are outdated and were relevant to the the times years ago, and simply have not been removed from the books.
State Of Arizona
- Hunting camels is prohibited.
- Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.
- There is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.
- Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.
- When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person posseses.
- It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.
- You may not have more than two dildos in a house.
County Of Maricopa
- No more than six girls may live in any house.
County Of Mohave
- A decree declares that anyone caught stealing soap must wash himself with it until it is all used up.
City Of Glendale
- Cars may not be driven in reverse.
City Of Globe
- Cards may not be played in the street with a Native American.
City Of Hayden
- If you bother the cottontails or bullfrogs, you will be fined.
City Of Mesa
- It is illegal to smoke cigarettes with 15 feet of a public place unless youhave a Class 12 liqueur license.
City Of Nogales
- An ordinance prohibits the wearing of suspenders.
City Of Prescott
- No one is permitted to ride their horse up the stairs of the county court house.
City Of Tempe
- One must be 18 years old to buy spray paint.
City Of Tombstone
- It is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.
City Of Tucson
- Women may not wear pants.