Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Sat May 4, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
illegal immigrants

- Post Reply -
Page << 1 [2] 3 4 >>

NickCoons
msg: 6

Mon, Dec 5, 2005, 8:44am

Several months back, I posted an article criticizing giving out freebies (welfare, health care, etc) to illegal aliens. Some mistook this as an attack on illegal aliens, and believed I was being hypocritical because they thought that my wife was here illegally, which is not true.
SEAnative
msg: 7

Mon, Dec 5, 2005, 5:52pm

Ah, I see.

Well in that case...

I can see your point on welfare. Healthcare, however, should be a human right worldwide. So I have to disagree on that point.

Illegal immigrants, especially those from South of the border, are just here trying to make things better for their family. They probably tried getting papers and were denied, so they did the only other thing they could do.

Besides, we're all God's people, we all share the same Earth. I wouldn't feel right about clinging selfishly to the place I just happened to be born in, keeping it away from those who just happened to be born elsewhere. Share the blessings!

Just to summarize how I feel about the issue.
NickCoons
msg: 8

Mon, Dec 5, 2005, 10:50pm

<I can see your point on welfare. Healthcare, however, should be a human right worldwide. So I have to disagree on that point.>

If healthcare could be provided by some magical infallible self-sustaining machine that fixed people's medical issues, then I would agree. However, one person's "right to healthcare" is another person's "obligation to provide healthcare." People can opt to donate to help someone pay medical expenses, or a doctor can donate their time to help those that can't afford healthcare. But it's not right to take money from people that have worked for it to give it to those that haven't, whether to pay for healthcare or anything else.

<Illegal immigrants, especially those from South of the border, are just here trying to make things better for their family. They probably tried getting papers and were denied, so they did the only other thing they could do.>

I disagree with providing welfare or healthcare with tax dollars to anyone, not just illegal immigrants. But the article that I wrote was in response to a news article written, which in turn was a response to an initiative to cease paying these expenses for illegal immigrants.

I have no quarrel with people moving to America to try and make a better life for themselves and their families, just so long as they do it by working for it and carrying their own weight, not making me carry it for them.
Ordnanceman
msg: 9

Thu, Dec 8, 2005, 11:10am

Goombayah... Oh Lord! WHAT PART OF 'ILLEGAL' DON'T SOME PEOPLE UNDERSTAND? This is a nation of laws... we have borders... we are taxed and insured to pay for all the 'bennies'. Illegals are doin' a free ride... and are not accountable. The sooner the southern border is fenced and patrolled the batter.
SEAnative
msg: 10

Tue, Dec 13, 2005, 10:03pm

But you would be ignorant to believe that these people want to be here illegally. It is very difficult to get papers these days, because this has become a country of selfish people who are unwilling to share the wealth. That has made its way all the way up to the highest governments, and now there are laws that make it next to impossible for the average Mexican family to be allowed into the U.S.

But I'm sure I might as well be speaking to a brick wall, so I'll end my argument here.

Page << 1 [2] 3 4 >>

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map