Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Mon May 6, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Moving from Wisconsin
Moving from Wisconsin

- Post Reply -
Page << 1 [2] 3 >>

Laura
msg: 6

Mon, Oct 3, 2005, 9:16pm

You will love it. The weather is unbelievable. I have seen only one cloudy day here in a month and no rain. You will be able to find everthing you had back home plus more. The shopping centers are countless and they are buiding more everywhere. The restaurants are endless and they all have outdoor dining. (my favorite) Of course the have misters to keep you cool. Pro football isn't big here because everyone is from somewhere else. Personally I'm glad not to be watching the Vikings. Bad year, again. People are so busy doing outdoor things, they don't have time to watch football but there are sportsbars everywhere so you can catch the Packers if you desire.
Hope this helps. Any more questions, I'll help if I can but I'm only a month old here.
Laura
ashlynnnn
msg: 7

Tue, Oct 4, 2005, 4:58am

Hi Laura~

I left Wisconsin for the first time, last year...and yes, it was Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

. I fell in love with it there! I am so tired of the weather being so unpredictable here, tired of seeing camoflage all over :) hehe...and just the whole wisconsin thing. There is nothing here, for US to do...we are just not winter people. I love that you can go to mexico, vegas and calif. if you choose to, in a day! Did you move out there by yourself?
Laura
msg: 8

Tue, Oct 4, 2005, 7:37pm

Yes, I did move out here by myself. Need to start meeting people so I don't get in a funk like I was in MN. Let me know when you get here. I don't know how we can contact each other without putting our e-mail address on the board. Any ideas?
ashlynnnn
msg: 9

Wed, Oct 5, 2005, 4:38am

Laura-

Did Nick contact you about exchanging our email? It would be OK with me, if you are OK with it?

With your profession, should not be TOO hard in meeting people? I am sure by the time i get there (3-4 months) you will be able to introduce some people to me hehe..you will be just fine.

The weather is going to start to get cold here, i am not looking forward to that at all. I know you can relate to what i am saying.

I have one brother out there. He flew out two years ago, never having been there before. Call it whatever you want, but i think he had a 'calling' for Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

:) he was out there one week, found and job and an apartment, came back here...sold his house and went back. No regrets. He is always looking for different people to do things with and being from the midwest himself...i could put a bug in his ear, if you want me too. He could introduce you to people too.
Laura
msg: 10

Wed, Oct 5, 2005, 7:27pm

Nick did contact me and I will give him my e-mail address. I'm so glad I came across this web site.
Feel free to put the bug in your brothers ear. His story is the same as mine. It would be fun to talk to him.
I'll be watching the weather thinking about you. LOL
Laura

Page << 1 [2] 3 >>

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map