Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Fri May 3, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Living in Southern AZ
Rio Rico area

- Post Reply -
Page << 1 [2]

MaryBeth
msg: 6

Mon, Feb 13, 2006, 11:18am

Hi Pattie! Gee's the site was down for a few days, I thought it had something to do with that coffeehouse post. LOL
We we just had a blizzard this weekend. I would say we had about 15 inches of snow here. I'm not complaining much because we had a mild winter - for once. But I really can't stand the cold weather and everyone is telling me that I am going to miss NJ and the change of seasons but I really doubt it. I hate snow, shovels, boots, gloves, scarves and anything else that has to do with winter. Only thing I like is hot chocolate and you can have that anytime!
NickCoons
msg: 7

Mon, Feb 13, 2006, 3:44pm

<Gee's the site was down for a few days, I thought it had something to do with that coffeehouse post.>

Something happened with the web server, and I'm not sure what it was at this point. I was out of town Friday - Sunday, so of course it happens Friday evening :-).
kenpatt
msg: 8

Tue, Feb 14, 2006, 8:29pm

Hi Marybeth,
I am with you totally regarding the cold weather. We have had so much rain in Oregon this year and the cold...Geeze! It is suppose to snow this weekend again. We have four distinct seasons here, but this year our Fall seemed to be only a couple weeks before Winter hit. Way too much cold for me, I am looking forward to warm sunny days in AZ. I hear the dust storms in Rio Rico are pretty bad so we are now looking northward in the Greenvalley area. We are looking forward to visiting the area in May.
Pattie
kristiluv33
msg: 9

Wed, Apr 12, 2006, 11:52am

Hi! My name is Kristi, and I moved from Wisconsin to Mesa, AZ almost 5 years ago now. I love Mesa, even with the very dry heat in the summer. It's very hot, but not the humidity and mosquitos, like WI. I don't miss the midwest at all. We moved to Flagstaff, AZ, 2 hours north of Phx, last spring. I bought 28 acres just ne of flagstaff, and building a house. It's an off-the-grid area. But Flagstaff is nice, a 3-4 season area, if you still want a change of seasons but still live in arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

!!! Flagstaff if pretty expensive to live, I think. The undeveloped area I bought is growing. But houses intown are in the $350-550,000 ranges. The Tuscon area is hot and nice. I hear you can get some good property for a decent price down there. and beautiful hiking areas and historical areas as well.
Good luck to you and your decisions!!!
Take Care,
Kristi Weiss

Page << 1 [2]

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map